(Assign)Meant to Be

Regarding the assignments for this class, I am excited that there will be so much reading and exploring different myths and narratives from around the globe. I like the format of the class and how much control we have over assignments and content types during the semester. Every person will be writing with a different style, a different focus, a different point of view. And that's what will make this interesting. The opportunity to work ahead, and finish early, is fantastic. I can try to get this class done and then focus on my capstone paper. 

In addition, I really appreciate the abundant amount of extra credit is something that I have yet to see of a professor during my four years here. I also hope to learn some more tech skills this semester and the extra credit opportunity to do so intrigues me. I have wanted to learn HTML and how to do basic coding for year- I actually knew once, but it's been years since I used it. Anybody know what Buddy4u was? Basically, I was on Tumblr pre Tumblr. I have never not been on Tumblr. That should really tell you everything you need to know about me.

Wikipedia logo. From Wikimedia
The WikiTrails extra credit opportunity really interests me, because who hasn't looked up and realized it was three in the morning and somehow you are on the webpage for conspiracy theories in the United States and how apparently some people believe fluoride is poisoning everyone instead of, you know, strengthening teeth. And who doesn't love playing seven clicks to Jesus. Basically, I'm already on Wikipedia all the time, so I might as well get credit for it, right? Also, I would suggest looking into the history of specific cheeses- sometimes it's boring, but also really interesting to know the process that makes Swiss cheese and why the holes are formed. I can't believe that's what I do in my spare time. Again, I'm a grandma. 

Overall, I am looking forward to this course and the assignments that will be completed. The ability to alter and tailor this class to my schedule and needs surpasses every class I have taken thus far, and the ability to work ahead will be useful and welcomed.

Author's Note: Title is a reference to the song Meant to Be from VeggieTales: Oh Holy Night

Comments

  1. I have already commented on your introduction and the title of this post caught my attention. The best part of this class is that you get to explore mythology and pick your own stories to read. It is also fun that they are from all across the world like you said. I like how you incorporated the VeggieTales into your title, I thought that was a fun twist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Consumed by Fire: Story Week 10