You, Me and (Technology)

I'm somewhat familiar with the tools included for our use of blogging. I worked with the Creative Commons during high school when I was on newspaper. I learned how to do a CC search and look at the copyrights held by the owners and what I could use in publication. During this time, I also learned how to use PhotoShop and InDesign. I bought PhotoShop Elements a few years back, so I will be able to use it during my final project to manipulate images to create a cohesive design and theme for my storybook. 

The meme I am most proud of. LifeAlert couldn't help General Wolfe.
I also have used WordPress and blogger before. I helped my mom set up a blog way back in the day (like 2012) and have experimented with WordPress more recently, but I thought using the same platform as the rest of the class would be easier and more beneficial. I have had a tumblr since, well, since I think it became well known. Before that I had a site on the now defunct Buddy4U, which was like a tumblr pre tumblr but without the newsfeed feature. I learned basic coding and how to set up a site from scratch, but I have forgotten most of that now (it was like 2005, okay?). I plan on learning more of this to help with creating a custom site for my storybook that will fit the theme and have good functionality (hopefully). 

And how doesn't love memes? So be expecting more of those if I can be clever and/or creative about a specific subject. So far I mainly just have art memes and memes about hummus (on-going joke with a friend, don't ask), so I'll be using cheezburger and other meme creators to assist me in my endeavors. Overall, I am familiar with most of the technology that will be used in this class and I am looking forward to enhancing my abilities and competency with them.
Authors Note: Reference to the movie You, Me and Dupree (2006)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Consumed by Fire: Story Week 10