Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I think that the overwhelming majority to the comments I have received in this class have been supportive. People tend to comment or leave feedback on things they like, which is good. But I'm still waiting on actionable feedback. Most comments talk about how cool of an idea this is, or I like your website, you are doing x, y, and z well. All of that is great to hear and can help, but it would be nice to hear that your dialogue is lacking, this element was hard to follow. Comments like that would really help me grow as a writing. 
Now, I'm guilty of that too. I leave comments on things that I like, because, hey it's nicer and dent make me feel as bad. I think that I do a good job of sandwiching things to work on inside praise, but I don't know how well it is translating. Add into the fact that this particular way of getting feedback has yet to create conversations (for me), I just think it seems a little like shouting into the abyss. Does anyone care? Are people taking my suggestions into their next work or to go back and edit their current work?
Looking forward, I'm going to try to be more critical, to point out specific elements and changes to try to make my comments more useful tot he receiver. I think that this could go for all of us across the board, specificity would work better than "you should work on dialogue", or "I like your website". It just doesnt seem useful to anyone. I can mark off that I left a comment but it isn't really a quality that works to improve peoples writing and their website content overall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Consumed by Fire: Story Week 10